Not only does this program enable University employees to support and engage in community outreach with the broader Edmonton community, it enhances their own individual diversity awareness and skills and help them to complete special projects that have been relegated to the "wish list."
Through the Professionals with Disabilities and the Junior Office Assistant Work Exposure Programs, U of A faculty and staff will be introduced to:
- inclusive interviewing techniques
- implementing workplace accommodations
- welcoming newcomers to the workplace
- enhancing supervisory skills, and
- gaining experience working with individuals with differing abilities