Thursday, 13 June 2013

Social Insurance Number: Requirement Changes

Effective April 30, 2013, the Canada Pension Plan (Social Insurance Numbers) regulations were amended. As a result, the physical Social Insurance Number (SIN) card no longer needs to be shown. Instead, departments must require employees to inform them of their SIN within three business days of when they start work. Please contact your Employment and Pay Advisor if you have any questions about this change.

Removal Grant for CAST and SOTS

Staff governed by the Contract Academic Staff: Teaching (CAST) or the Sessional and Other Temporary Staff (SOTS) agreement may be eligible for a removal grant toward expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred in moving to Edmonton. In an effort to improve the wait time for staff to receive a removal grant upon hire, the Removal Grant/Moving Allowance Authorization form has been added to the HRS Forms Cabinet.

Immigration News

Academic Services (Immigration) would like to update you on a new requirement for renewal of permanent resident cards and offer advice about visitors from India and China.