Friday, 18 September 2015

New Immigration Documentation Requirements

Historically, only citizens of certain countries required a temporary resident visa (TRV) to enter Canada. It will soon become mandatory for most foreign nationals to have either an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or a TRV before entering Canada for any reason.

Affected foreign nationals can choose to apply for an (eTA) early. As of March 15, 2016, it will become mandatory for such individuals to hold eTA’s. As the deadline approaches, CIC’s processing time may increase. Affected foreign nationals should therefore be advised to apply for their eTA as early as possible. For details on this subject, please see: and

Please direct any questions to: